- Carry holsters are becoming more common, available in all shapes and forms. Unfortunately, this handy product can be tricky to wear for those big-boned gentlemen.
- As a result, you should learn how to choose the best holster for fat guys for maximum comfort.
And we are here to provide you with some valuable tips to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
Holsters for fat guys are not that hard to come by.
Table of Contents
- To answer the question of how to choose the best holster for fat guys, below are some criteria that would contribute to the best concealed carry holster for fat guys.
- A gun belt can serve many purposes, but they are primarily for holding handguns. It should hide your weapon from people around you and restrict its movement.
- Furthermore, a gun holster for fat guys must be in places where you can withdraw its content with ease. Other than that, they typically protect the weapon, keep others from snatching the gun while still providing you quick access to it.
- As we have mentioned, a gun sheath provides your firearm with as much protection as possible. This fact is without a doubt the most important benefit of owning a pistol holder.
- The device prevents your firearm from snapping or absorbing any impact, whether it is an accidental drop or an emergency.
- One more important thing a holster for fat guys should offer is a restriction of the trigger finger, which is essential to avoid any potential accidents.
- Because it is for wearing daily, a proper gun holster for fat guys should feel pleasant around your skin while also fitting perfectly with your body type.
- Contrary to popular belief, it is entirely possible to comfortably perform all kinds of activities while equipping a concealed case. For that reason, the device needs to be lightweight, easy to put on, and flexible enough to not fasten too tight around your waist.
- We highly recommend you grab one that has a “sweat shield.” It is crucial to avoid any discomfort, such as odor or a slippery handle.
- One significant benefit of a quality concealed case is that it permits a rapid and convenient draw.
- You may adjust the retention strap to whatever position you prefer, and it should give the same results. However, you surely do not want units that limit your control over the gun.
- Besides, checking how well you can re-holster your firearm. Able to make quick draws is a must, and it is convenient to put your gun away quickly.
- While you are bringing your handgun publicly, it is most desirable to keep it hidden well.
- Most heavy people think it hard to conceal the item under their chunky belly. Fortunately, this statement is not true with high-quality products that can provide better concealment with little effort.
- After you have known what to look for, let’s move on and take a look at some popular variants.
- OWB (outside the waistband) packs are trusted by law enforcement worldwide as a standard pick.
- It is compatible with any handguns, takes up no space, and is easy to operate. Although you can find it anywhere, the best OWB holster for fat guys must have these attributes.
- What makes this type of carriage shine is prominent such as easy access to the content and quick draw capability with security.
- The belt sits outside of your garments, making them more accessible. With the gun in plain sight, you can perform quicker draws, critical in urgent situations.
- In addition, as you can see where the case is, you are less likely to accidentally pull the thumb break. As a result, re-holstering can be significantly faster and more secure.
- An extra plus that makes an OWB holster for fat guys such a good choice is its comfort. The strap slides on top of your belt, minimizing contact with your skin for less obstruction while you sit.
- The most notable downside of this type would be its lack of deep concealment, making it not the best choice for public use.
- Many have pointed out that leaving your gun open would increase the risk of it getting grabbed. While this statement is true, it is not hard to minimize this problem.
- Modern OWB casings pack many features to counter this problem; some examples are the Auto-lock system and a unique "post-click" retention and cant.
- The former will not let you draw your weapon until you manually click the deploy button, ensuring your gun trigger guard is locked in. On the other hand, the latter notifies you whether you have holstered the gun correctly.
- Overall, we would recommend OWB holsters for those who want quick access to their guns with security.
- From the name, you can guess that an IWB (inside the waistband) is the complete opposite of an OWB.
- They can attach to the inside of your belt and allow the weapon to be firmly within your trousers.
- With compact sheaths, you can tuck your shirt over the gun for an even more low-profile design. We have presented some main differences in the construction of a typical IWB holster for fat guys below.
- The most apparent advantage of an IWB holder is its concealability. The sheath and most part of your gun is underneath your jeans, with only the pistol grip slightly visible overhead.
- The most comfortable IWB holster for fat guys is made from breathable, sturdy material, preventing it from absorbing sweat.
- Stability is another significant advantage of IWB sheaths. They have up to 3 contact points with your waist, 2 right on the waistband, and 1 on which the carrying bag clips.
- This alignment creates a stickier surface, ensuring both the lightweight holster and firearm will not wobble around, especially during quick movements.
- Many have asked, “Can fat guys appendix carry?” It is another perk of the IWB cover! You have more than one carry position, such as the defensive end hip or the appendix position, with little effort.
- In fact, the best appendix holster for fat guys is an IWB holster!
- One shortcoming of IWB containers is in their fit. It heavily depends on your body and the clothing types you are wearing.
- Since the gun belt is secured inside your trousers, again, it is a solvable drawback. You can purchase pants with elastic belt straps or look for a proper pant sizing.
- In summary, this type is a beneficial appendix carry holster for fat guys, for you can easily conceal your firearm with little cost in space. With the corresponding size, you might not even notice the differences!
Shoulder holsters are great alternatives to traditional ones.
- The shoulder holster for fat guys is unique compared to standard concealment cases.
- You probably knew of them through old Hollywood action movies. Although barely any professionals utilize it, shoulder sheaths are favorite picks of inexperienced users who are fans of such films.
- It does not mean the device is only for show. However, some strong points we have found are as follows.
- A shoulder holster gives you instant access to your firearm when you are in a car. It is almost impossible to pull out your gun from the waist position while fastened in your vehicle seat.
- On the flip side, getting a hold of a shoulder mount is considerably more manageable. This characteristic makes them advised for pilots and drivers who spend more time on the road.
- In chilly weather, concealing your weapon might be difficult since the multiple layers of clothes can restrict your movement. However, shoulder holsters do not suffer from that issue since they are usually beneath a single covering.
- This handling method allows additional room and less weight, which is desirable for a fat guy's shoulder length. Besides, a load of your firearm and ammo will be transferred from your large waistline to your shoulders, eliminating the use of a belt.
- Shoulder casings sacrifice drawing speed for concealing. Reaching up to your shoulders takes more time and is quite tricky to master.
- It is because our hands are in a relaxed state and at our sides, making finding and drawing a compact pistol from a belt case quickly.
- This disadvantage can be a nuisance once you have gotten used to the drawing technique. You would be surprised by how elegant and silent your draws will be.
- The Bottom line, this suggestion is the best holster for fat guys. It does not take up space on your flabby waistline and works efficiently for office workers or commuters.
Our recommend products: Praetorian Holster and Baldman Shoulder Holster
Are you having fun reading with Dinosaurized? Here's a little gift for better shopping experience~ Enter this 15% Discount code: "GundiscussionD15" at Checkout now~
A belly band gun belt
- It is a professional’s pick for the most flexible and versatile gun case you can get for concealment.
- Belly band holsters for fat guys wrap around the abdomen and bond in place with Velcro. They are fully adjustable holsters, so one size can fit all without causing discomfort to your belly.
- This variant broadens up your carrying capacity. It features multiple small pockets, which can even store a second gun, extra magazine, pocket knife, or even a mini flashlight.
- One detail usually found in the best belly band holster for fat guys is odorless, ultralight, and resilient neoprene fabrics. No matter how chubby you are, it will fit your belly like a skin layer.
- Want full concealment? Wait no more and throw a belly holster in your cart. You can wear it directly on any body type. The unit is close to your skin so that the case will reveal no content underneath your shirt.
- Not only that, the spread-out design distributes weight across the waist portion. This arrangement allows portly fellows to bring as many items as possible without feeling stuffy.
- The versatile property does not end there! If you want an appendix holster for fat guys covering your waist, then the belly band can work double as one! Anything from shoulder carries to the most comfortable IWB holster for fat guys; the product can adapt to your specific needs.
- Unfortunately, it is without its shortcomings. For example, the belt-like pack can store up the heat in hot weather, making you sweat more and feel uncomfortable to wear it for a whole day.
- If you are a first-timer, definitely consider a belly holster for fat guys. It can carry an abundance of necessary items thanks to the spare pocket. Not to mention, it can work as a standard version of other ones, helping you get familiar with other forms without spending too much.
They are almost invisible in plain sight
- Unlike the unrealistic ankle carry design in the past, today’s CCW holster for fat guys is a rather comfortable option and easy to wear.
- In addition, innovations have improved the security and adjustability of ankle holsters. The following are the key advantages.
- One of the most compelling reasons to utilize an ankle holster is its superior comfort of wear. Unlike other variants, this one allows you to carry your gun comfortably and securely.
- When compared to a waistband case, there are no potential drawbacks. This characteristic means you can go for a walk and do numerous tasks without anyone thinking you're carrying a weapon under your pant leg.
- Ineffective drawing is one of the major disadvantages of an ankle holster. To reach your gun, you'll have to lean all the way down.
- Unless you're in a seated position or kneeling posture, there's no faster way to draw than from the ankle. It will always be slower to draw from the waist or shoulders, even with continuous practice.
- Another major disadvantage with an ankle cover is that you can't draw when running or walking. This fact makes the device inappropriate for urgent cases since you must stop drawing your guns.
- Ankle holsters are best for small types of guns to not weigh down your feet. Consider a waist belt or shoulder rigs if you are using a heavy revolver.
- We believe this device deserves the title best concealed gun holster for fat guys. It does not wrap around your waist nor torso, effectively removing the weight requirements. Nobody would even notice that you carry a firearm!
- And that was about it for our guide on how to choose the best holster for fat guys. Undoubtedly, each type has its strong points as well as drawbacks, so we suggest you browse through every item before you make your decision.
- Thank you for reading, and we hope that you can find a fat guy holster for sale that matches your needs through our article.